Everything You Need To Know About Wind Power Pros And Cons
Understanding wind power pros and cons is necessary before you consider spending any money on wind power facilities for use at your home.
The wind is a wonderful, free, natural resource that offers many advantages. Wind power benefits have been enjoyed for centuries but it is in only in relatively recent times that more sophisticated and technically efficient wind turbines, both large and small, have blossomed all over the world.
However, the recent development and growth of wind power technology around the world has also highlighted the disadvantages associated with wind power.
So let's examine the advantages and disadvantages of wind power so that we get a good grasp of all the issues...
Wind Power Pros
- The wind is a readily available, renewable energy source that can be used to generate electricity for household use.
- Using the wind to produce electrical energy is a clean process that does not result in environmental pollution.
- Adding electricity generated from the wind into the national grids results in the lowering of CO2 levels – an important plus in the fight against global warming.
- Wind power can be used in both community and individual situations where wind farms provide power for the total grid or a single turbine can assist with powering a home or even feeding excess power into the grid.
- Wind is produced locally and so the electricity generated requires no importing of fuel materials, which is good for local economies.
- The production, installation and maintenance of wind turbines creates jobs.
- Wind power can be used in remote locations, far removed from access to traditional sources of electricity.
Wind Power Cons
Despite some significant issues regarding the widespread development of wind power, the development continues apace, all round the world. And we would hasten to add... and rightly so!
Better education for government policy makers and politicians is vital. That needs to be coupled with less posturing and pretending by both pro and anti-wind campaigners.
To return to our theme of installing wind power facilities in your own home, understanding the wind power pros and cons is very important. Some of the issues related to large wind farms will not apply to you but it is critical to understand that whatever the rated capacity of a wind turbine is, the actual energy produced will be far less, depending on location. For more details on this please go to
Wind Power Facts
If you are considering installing a wind turbine for use at your home then you definitely need to visit our Wind Power For Homes page.
Return from Wind Power Pros And Cons to the Home Page
Return from Wind Power Pros And Cons to Wind Power